This half day workshop will cover the importance of managing absence in the workplace and look at the benefits good absence management can bring.
We will cover:
• The different reasons for absence including: sickness, unauthorised, dependent leave, shared parental, maternity, paternity and AWOL and discuss what rights and entitlements employees have and what you can and should do as a Manager.
• Sickness absence in detail, including how to manage short term intermittent absences through formal capability/disciplinary procedures, as well as how to manage long term sickness and the importance of the role of occupational health.
• The importance of understanding what could constitute a disability i.e. mental impairment (e.g. depression) or physical impairment (e.g. migraines) and the reasonable adjustments that an employer has to make, to ensure that you are compliant with the Equality Act 2010, to avoid a disability discrimination claim.
• Initiatives that employers can carry out for the wellbeing of their staff to improve physical and mental health and to reduce employee absence.
• Through a mix of exercises and small group discussions we will consider case examples for managing absence. You will leave this ‘hands-on’ workshop with practical tips and actions you can put into practice as soon as you step back into the workplace.
The workshop costs £135, and £95 for Advice Line Clients.
To find out more information click here.