HR Essentials for your BusinessDETAILS
HR and Employment Law is crucial for any business owner to be aware of; the law is the same regardless of the number of employees. Getting things wrong or ‘not knowing what you don’t know’ is not a defence in an Employment Tribunal. Can you afford the risk which could amount to thousands of pounds and reputational damage?
This free ½ day workshop provides a broad and practical overview of HR and Employment Law issues which any business owner, manager or person responsible for HR needs to be aware of, including;
• ‘Self-employed, worker and employee’ – do you understand the differences, how and when you should use, the contracts that need to be issued and the risks of getting this wrong?
• Holidays – how to calculate them and ensure compliance for part time and zero hours staff
• Discrimination risks and where they can arise from recruitment through to dismissal
• Managing absence – including sickness; and what rights employees have to statutory time off for other absences (maternity, paternity etc)
• Disciplinary and Grievance – how to discipline staff and deal with grievances.
• The End of Employment – why it happens and how to deal with it.
• What the costs could be of ‘getting it wrong’ if you receive an Employment Tribunal claim
Aimed at SME’s (small/medium sized enterprises)
This workshop is run in partnership by Níamh Kelly – Director – The HR Dept Shropshire. She is a HR Professional with over 25 years experience across a wide range of local services and industries.