HR Essentials SeminarDETAILS
HR and Employment Law is crucial for any business owner to be aware of; the law is the same regardless of the number of employees.
Getting things wrong or ‘not knowing what you don’t know’ is not a defence in an Employment Tribunal.
Can you afford the risk which could amount to thousands of pounds and reputational damage?
The aim of this Seminar is to provide a broad and practical overview of HR and Employment Law issues which any business owner or manager needs to be aware of.
This Seminar will cover the following:
- ‘Self-employed, worker and employee’– do you understand the differences, how and when you should use, the contracts that need to be issued and the risks of getting this wrong?
- Holidays – how to calculate and ensure compliance for part time and zero hours staff
- Discrimination risksand where they can arise from recruitment through to dismissal
- Managing Absenceincluding sickness and what rights employees have to statutory time off for other absences e.g. maternity, paternity, emergency dependant leave and flexible working
- Disciplinary and Grievance– how to discipline staff and deal with grievances
- What the costs could be of ‘getting it wrong’ if you receive an Employment Tribunal claim
To book please email [email protected]