Managing Staff with Mental Health Issues – a Masterclass for EmployersDETAILS
This masterclass is targeted at small business owners or managers who want to understand more about how to address issues with mental health in the work place.
At The HR Dept we frequently get asked:
- As an SME, how far do I need to go with reasonable adjustments?
- I think I have an employee who is autistic, what should I do?
- I suspect an employee has mental health issues but I’m not sure how to raise it with them?
- I have an employee off long term with stress, the absence is impacting on the business but I’m not sure where I stand
- I’m scared that I will fall foul of disability discrimination, how do I avoid this?
If this sounds familiar then this masterclass delivered by the experts at Recovery4Life will leave you feeling more informed and able to address these issues.
Studies have found
- 1 in 4 people experience mental health issues
- 45% of all work days are lost to mental health
- £21,729 was the average tribunal award in 2016 for disability discrimination
- At any one time one worker in six will be experiencing depression, anxiety or problems relating to stress.
- Estimates suggest that more than one in 100 people in the UK has an Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) – around 700,000 people. Many are undiagnosed
This workshop will cover:
- How to spot mental health issues in the workplace
- Understanding your obligations – not unknowingly going beyond or below
- How to minimise its impact in the workplace
- Complying with the Equality and the Care Act and remaining legally compliant
- Your duty of care as an employer – some do’s and don’ts
- Some common case studies
Recovery4Life is a specialist testing, training and treatment service. For businesses, the company offers targeted screening and follow up programmes, helping them to support their employees while also managing corporate risks associated with substance misuse as well as mental health and learning difficulties.
Click here to book.