The HR Dept’s ‘Personal Effectiveness in the Workplace’ one day workshop provides answers to all of these issues and more. Whatever your position within your organisation there is a very real probability that you could be being a lot more effective than you are currently.
Date: Thursday 5th December 2019, 10am – 4pm
The HR Dept’s appraisal training offers you the chance to learn the essential elements that make up a great appraisal meeting. You’ll leave the workshop equipped with tools and techniques to approach your next round of appraisals with confidence and a smile.
Date: Thursday 12th December 2019, 9am – 1pm
As an experienced coach, presenter and trainer, Tom is recognised for his ability to engage his audiences and make the learning fun and interactive for everyone. Tom guarantees that you’ll leave the workshop feeling more confident about your ability to stand in front of an audience and speak confidently.
Date: Thursday 12th December 2019, 1pm – 5pm
Leading Your TeamDETAILS
Delivered over two days, the programme focuses on improving the self-awareness of managers and their awareness of others; helping them to become better at self-management and also developing their skills in relationship management.
Date: Wednesday 11th & Thursday 12th December 2019
Absence Management WorkshopDETAILS
This half day workshop (10:00 – 13:00) will cover the importance of managing absence in the workplace and look at the benefits good absence management can bring.
We will cover:
• The different reasons for absence including: sickness, unauthorised, dependent leave, shared parental, maternity, paternity and AWOL and discuss what rights and entitlements employees have and what you can and should do as a Manager.
• Sickness absence in detail, including how to manage short term intermittent absences through formal capability/disciplinary procedures, as well as how to manage long term sickness and the importance of the role of occupational health.
• The importance of understanding what could constitute a disability i.e. mental impairment (e.g. depression) or physical impairment (e.g. migraines) and the reasonable adjustments that an employer has to make, to ensure that you are compliant with the Equality Act 2010, to avoid a disability discrimination claim.
• Initiatives that employers can carry out for the wellbeing of their staff to improve physical and mental health and to reduce employee absence.
• Through a mix of exercises and small group discussions we will consider case examples for managing absence. You will leave this ‘hands-on’ workshop with practical tips and actions you can put into practice as soon as you step back into the workplace.
Effective Communications SeminarDETAILS
Breakdown in communication is the most common cause of workplace disputes. Learn how to prevent issues before they arise and how to build stronger relationships through effective communication.