Personal Profile Analysis
Do you want to know more about your strengths, motivators, communication style, basic fears and how you might behave under pressure at work? If the answer is yes, then a Thomas Personal Profile Analysis (PPA) will help you.
At the HR Dept Leeds South, we are approved to administer the Thomas Personal Profile Analysis (PPA). This is an instrument that provides indication of behaviour at work and it measures four factors which include DOMINANCE, INFLUENCE, STEADINESS, COMPLIANCE. These are shown as the letters DISC.
In the late 1950s and early 1960s, Dr. Thomas Hendrickson developed William Moulton Marston’s DISC theory to produce the Thomas Personal Profile Analysis (PPA) for the work place. The Thomas PPA has been subject to rigorous scientific testing to determine its reliability and validity as a psychological assessment.
PPA provides indication of behaviour at work and the intent is to develop self-awareness about our own behavioural style.
There is no ‘best’ style, we will each have our own unique style, needs, wants and strengths. The opportunity is for us to better understand our style and to understand when it might be good to flex our style to get the best out of any situation.
You can apply PPA in recruitment, job compatibility, personal development, management and leadership training, team development, appraisal and motivation.
How it works
- Candidates will receive an e-mail invite to take part in an online survey from the Thomas PPA System.
- The survey will take 5-6 minutes to complete
Tips for completing the survey
- Think of yourself ‘at work’ when you are completing the survey
- Don’t delay, go with the first response as it’s probably the right one
- Don’t try and think about what someone else might expect you to say as then the survey will probably not work for you
Individual Profile Reports
- Individual reports are generated through the Thomas PPA system. The report provides an initial profile detailing a person’s strengths and limitations, their communication style, their value to the business, what motivates them, their basic fears and how they behave under pressure
- The reports can be used in many ways. For personal development we will providing a coaching a feedback session to the individual and/or jointly with their manager so that a development plan can be created to encourage the best possible enegagement, motivation and performance outcome for the individual.
And, remember, there is no right or wrong, this is not a test!
Profiling just helps build awareness, an individual may not be fully aware of their ‘natural preference’ and styles and Thomas PPA helps them explore their individual strengths and opportunities
Find out more.
Looking for expert HR support?
We can help you focus on your business by taking care of all your human resources needs.
Let us know how we can help or ask about our free initial HR review.
Preventing People Problems
Office Address: 15 Queen Square, Leeds, LS2 8AJ | VAT Number: 301296143 | Registration Number: 11470657
Copyright © 2007 - 2019 The HR Dept Ltd. HR DEPT is a registered trademark belonging to The HR Dept Limited.