Outsourced HR Services in Bristol & North Somerset
The HR Dept Bristol, Bath and North Somerset provides businesses with tailored and personal outsourced HR and Health and Safety services at the fraction of the cost of having an in-house team; because we understand the challenges of managing people problems whilst growing your business.
Our team has over 130 years’ combined experience and are scalable and able to cater for any sized business with any number of employees; be that SMEs with five employees or a corporate with 500. We can give you the peace of mind that your HR needs are supported and you are guided through the complex world of employment law guaranteeing you avoid any of the risks it brings.
Are you looking to avoid…
- The struggle of finding the time or budget to manage your people problems?
- Difficulties of finding expert employment law advice from reliable sources that you are sure is credible?
- Not knowing if you are legally compliant?
- Lack the expertise to train or develop your staff?
- Threats of employment tribunal claims or are you concerned by the removal of employment tribunal fees?
Why outsource your HR? We have the solution!
- Our advice is insured! Our affordable Advice Line service is backed by Tribunal Indemnity insurance and Crisis Communication covering legal expenses including awards.
- Our services are more cost effective than having an in house HR team. You could save a typical amount of £33,380 per year, compared to hiring a HR professional with an average salary of £35,000.
- Your account manager and team will take care of your people problems handing you more time but with less to manage.
- We manage any number of employees and are scalable and adaptable dependent on the size of your business.
- You and your team’s HR knowledge and skills will be constantly updated by means of access to our professionals’ qualified advice
- We will become your very own HR Department!
Our services and packages include:
Advice Line +
- Tribunal Indemnity Insurance covering any tribunal costs and awards.
- Unlimited access to HR advice and support.
- A main point of contact who will get to know your business and will offer you qualified support.
- Contracts and team handbooks.
- Settlement agreements.
- Appraisal documentation.
Flying Start +
- A HR Admin Starter Pack, designed to give you the peace of mind you are legally compliant as you start to grow.
- 1 hour’s advice on starting, to discuss any HR issues or employee concerns you may have.
- A team handbook.
- Employment contracts.
- Disciplinary and Grievance Procedures.
- Job descriptions.
- An IT Policy (if required).
Pay as You Go
- Access to instant and affordable HR support from the experts via phone, email or onsite on a Pay as You Go basis.
Here at The HR Dept we are not a call centre, our approach isn’t about us – it’s all about you. We will build a relationship with you to get to know your business, your people, your goals and your plans so we can offer you practical, pragmatic and cost effective HR solutions and employment law services to fit with your business needs, becoming ‘your HR Department’.
If you’d like to talk to someone about any of the above or would like more information, please give us a ring on 0117 970 2955 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Whatever the problem, we’re happy to help!
We asked our clients about the service they have received from The HR Dept Bristol, Bath and North Somerset and they awarded us a performance rating of 9.1 / 10 and 93% said they would recommend us!
We spoke to our client Bath Building Society about the service The HR Dept provides and the benefits that outsourcing their HR brings.
We spoke to our client Holt JCB about the local, cost-effective advice The HR Dept offers, solving their HR problems.
Meet the team
Sue Tumelty FCIPD FAHRI
Founder & Executive Director
Sue loves that our customers come in all shapes and sizes and from every imaginable industry sector so that every day we face new challenges and it is so satisfying.
Mike really enjoy the relationships that we have with our clients, many of whom have been with us from the very beginning! Seeing them thrive as a result of our work is by far the best reward and is one of many reasons why he enjoys being part of The HR Dept.
Helen Thomas FCIPD
After studying Geography at Swansea University, Helen turned to HR with now nearly 25 years’ experience in the industry. Starting with HR Dept from its infancy, when there was just a handful of people and the dog (of course!) Helen has now been with us for over 12 years and loves that it is fun, fast paced and challenging. Helens idea of a perfect day is a long walk with the family to a cosy pub. She also dabbles with running fairly short distances!
Stacey Mead FCIPD
After graduating from Middlesex University with a degree in Film Studies with History Stacey took the perfectly natural career path of working in recruitment before moving into more generalist HR roles. Having joined the HR Dept from the near beginning she has now worked here for 10 years. Stacey’s role includes advising clients on their HR strategy as well as managing our annual budget and our day work. Outside of the HR Dept, you will find Stacey walking her dog Casper and spinning!
Rosalyn McLeod MCIPD
Originally from Shropshire, Ros moved to Bristol to study Business Studies at UWE and after graduating in 2014, started her HR career at The HR Dept. Now our HR Manager and a chartered member of the CIPD, her role has evolved into managing our larger and multi-site clients, creating partnerships with them to guide them through the complex world of employment law. Outside of HR Dept Ros enjoys walking her pooch Lily, weekends away, and eating nice food.
Health and Safety Manager
Hayley Smith Tech IOSH ACIEH
Health & Safety Advisor
Hayley has 20 years experience in Health & Safety with a wealth of qualifications. She worked in large corporations within a variety of sectors. Her best skills are Fire Safety Inspections, Risk Assessments & Audits & she enjoys the variation of work at the HR Dept. Outside of work, Hayley spends her time socialising, walking (not too far) & yoga.
Our accounts are definitely in safe hands with Lian who has a vast background in finance and accounting; working in the past for organisations such as Orange, the MOD and St Peter’s Hospice. Having two young children, you can imagine spare time is a luxury for her but she wouldn’t have it any other way. Along with racing after her children she’s now also added wedding planning to her to-do list! Congrats!
Business Support Administrator
Training and Development Manager
Sally is a Chartered Member of the Institute of Personnel Development and her role at the HR Dept is to develop and conduct our training workshops. Outside of work Sally enjoys walking Dylan her lovely cockapoo and gardening.
Looking for expert HR support?
We can help you focus on your business by taking care of all your human resources needs.
Let us know how we can help or ask about our free initial HR review.
Preventing People Problems
Office Address: First Floor, 3 Brook Office Park, Emersons Green, Bristol, BS16 7FL | VAT Number: 900674738 | Registration Number: 6316590
Copyright © 2007 - 2019 The HR Dept Ltd. HR DEPT is a registered trademark belonging to The HR Dept Limited.