Outsourced HR Services in Bristol & North Somerset
The HR Dept Bristol, Bath and North Somerset provides businesses with tailored and personal outsourced HR and Health and Safety services at the fraction of the cost of having an in-house team; because we understand the challenges of managing people problems whilst growing your business.
Our team has over 130 years’ combined experience and are scalable and able to cater for any sized business with any number of employees; be that SMEs with five employees or a corporate with 500. We can give you the peace of mind that your HR needs are supported and you are guided through the complex world of employment law guaranteeing you avoid any of the risks it brings.
Are you looking to avoid…
- The struggle of finding the time or budget to manage your people problems?
- Difficulties of finding expert employment law advice from reliable sources that you are sure is credible?
- Not knowing if you are legally compliant?
- Lack the expertise to train or develop your staff?
- Threats of employment tribunal claims or are you concerned by the removal of employment tribunal fees?
Why outsource your HR? We have the solution!
- Our advice is insured! Our affordable Advice Line service is backed by Tribunal Indemnity insurance and Crisis Communication covering legal expenses including awards.
- Our services are more cost effective than having an in house HR team. You could save a typical amount of £33,380 per year, compared to hiring a HR professional with an average salary of £35,000.
- Your account manager and team will take care of your people problems handing you more time but with less to manage.
- We manage any number of employees and are scalable and adaptable dependent on the size of your business.
- You and your team’s HR knowledge and skills will be constantly updated by means of access to our professionals’ qualified advice
- We will become your very own HR Department!
Our services and packages include:
Advice Line +
- Tribunal Indemnity Insurance covering any tribunal costs and awards.
- Unlimited access to HR advice and support.
- A main point of contact who will get to know your business and will offer you qualified support.
- Contracts and team handbooks.
- Settlement agreements.
- Appraisal documentation.
Flying Start +
- A HR Admin Starter Pack, designed to give you the peace of mind you are legally compliant as you start to grow.
- 1 hour’s advice on starting, to discuss any HR issues or employee concerns you may have.
- A team handbook.
- Employment contracts.
- Disciplinary and Grievance Procedures.
- Job descriptions.
- An IT Policy (if required).
Pay as You Go
- Access to instant and affordable HR support from the experts via phone, email or onsite on a Pay as You Go basis.
Here at The HR Dept we are not a call centre, our approach isn’t about us – it’s all about you. We will build a relationship with you to get to know your business, your people, your goals and your plans so we can offer you practical, pragmatic and cost effective HR solutions and employment law services to fit with your business needs, becoming ‘your HR Department’.
If you’d like to talk to someone about any of the above or would like more information, please give us a ring on 0117 970 2955 or email email@example.com. Whatever the problem, we’re happy to help!
Meet the team
Sue Tumelty FCIPD FAHRI
Founder & Executive Director
Sue loves that our customers come in all shapes and sizes and from every imaginable industry sector so that every day we face new challenges and it is so satisfying.
Helen Thomas FCIPD
Having worked with the Company since 2006, Helen is a Trustee of the EOT, a member of the Group Board and a Director of the HR Dept Bristol. During her 30 years in HR, she has travelled along the many routes of HR from employee relations to training, and strategy to conflict resolution. Helen enjoys the variety and challenges of working in both the public and private sectors and in large and small businesses. Now she arrived at her perfect HR destination – working with SMEs to ensure that businesses receive pragmatic, tailored and effective HR advice to concentrate on their specific business focus. No two situations, people or businesses are the same, but with a wealth of experience, Helen is passionate about finding the right path for each of our clients.
Stacey Mead FCIPD
After graduating with a degree in Film Studies with History, Stacey’s career began in the recruitment industry before moving into HR. Having joined the HR Dept in 2007 Stacey is now a trustee and member of the HR Dept Group board and a Director of the HR Dept Bristol. Stacey’s role involves developing and growing the business and our own internal HR strategy whilst supporting clients with their HR.
Rebecca graduated with a law degree from the University of Plymouth in 2004. Having decided that the life of a lawyer was not for her, she took up a role in an HR team within the civil service and subsequently worked in other HR roles within the education and charity sectors. Rebecca joined the team as an HR Advisor in 2018 before becoming a senior advisor and is now our HR Manager. Rebecca enjoys working with a variety of SME, charity and school clients as well as managing the advisor team. Rebecca’s strengths are working on people projects to enable businesses to get to where they want to be and finding pragmatic solutions for the good of the business and the individuals.
Senior HR Advisor
Having joined the HR Dept team as a Senior HR Advisor in 2022, Charlie brings with him experience in managing HR for multi-site organisations. Charlie has spent the majority of his career to date working as an HR generalist within the hospitality sector where fast, pragmatic decisions are paramount to success. Charlie prides himself on his ability to adapt flexibly to individual situations, understanding the wider business objectives and the steps required to ensure compliance. Although a generalist, his specialism is in learning and development and employee relations.
Our accounts are definitely in safe hands with Lian who has a vast background in finance and accounting; working in the past for organisations such as Orange, the MOD and St Peter’s Hospice. Lian’s role is to oversee and administrate the financial activities for our Bristol franchise. With 12 years of financial experience, Lian strives to deliver high-quality service across our network and is currently also studying to become a chartered accountant.
Kirstie has been with the HR Dept since 2018 and has a background of working in outsourced HR services. Kirstie enjoys working with a wide variety of businesses including IT, design, accounting and childcare ensuring she gets to understand how each business works to be able to provide tailored HR support.
Business Support Administrator
Hayley joined The HR Dept in 2018 having previously worked in both administrative and marketing roles. Hayley handles onboarding and service renewal documentation for all HR clients. She also ensures that our social media accounts are kept up to date with current HR topics and issues as well as our office activities. Alongside this, Hayley arranges a variety of workshops, training, webinars, and events both in person and online.
Jane joined The HR Dept in 2020 as an HR Advisor whilst studying her CIPD level 5 in Human Resource Management. Jane has spent the majority of her career working in the corporate sector for global insurance companies. Jane’s HR experience has been in generalist roles, dealing with every aspect of the employee and employer relationship. However, she did spend 3 years supporting Line Managers in performance management to achieve business objectives.
Training and Development Manager
Sally is a Chartered Member of the Institute of Personnel Development and her role at the HR Dept is to develop and conduct our training workshops. Outside of work Sally enjoys walking Dylan her lovely cockapoo and gardening.
Trainee HR Advisor
Amy joined the HR Dept as a Trainee HR Advisor in 2022, prior to this Amy studied law and criminology at the University of the West of England, after graduation Amy worked in graduate recruitment within a law firm where she completed her CIPD Level 5 qualification.
Looking for expert HR support?
We can help you focus on your business by taking care of all your human resources needs.
Let us know how we can help or ask about our free initial HR review.
Preventing People Problems
Office Address: First Floor, 3 Brook Office Park, Emersons Green, Bristol, BS16 7FL | VAT Number: 900674738 | Registration Number: 6316590
Copyright © 2007 - 2019 The HR Dept Ltd. HR DEPT is a registered trademark belonging to The HR Dept Limited.