Tom Doherty is the experienced head of an HR outsource business locally and with his team runs The HR Dept Bournemouth and Poole, East Dorset and The New Forest.
What stands The HR Dept out locally is it prides itself on providing hands on practical and pragmatic HR advice and help to local small and medium sized business owners.
There is no call centre, no security password but a team who knows your business and is ready to provide HR advice and support. We build strong relationships with our clients and are there to support their business goals and objectives.
Personally, Tom has considerable HR experience advising a wide range of SMEs from care homes, creative agencies, retail, construction businesses, manufacturers, letting and estate agents, cafes and bars, tourist attractions, IT and financial services businesses.
“We want to deal with clients who value having HR support and see it is an extension of their business. As at the end of the day – We become your HR department.”
Whether it’s a difficult employee, tricky HR issue or support requirement, The HR Dept can help with our telephone advice line backed by tribunal indemnity insurance (which could cover any unwanted and unexpected legal and tribunal fees), and/or by coming onsite for more direct support.
We support clients on a wide variety of HR issues and areas of employment law such as;
• Ensuring a client has up to date contracts of employment to give to their employees;
• Tailored handbooks to ensure the policies and procedures are clear and up to date;
• Dealing with disciplinary matters, grievances, and dismissals;
• Addressing poor performing employees and how to handle them;
• Handling redundancies;
• Managing TUPE transfers;
• Recruitment services (job descriptions, advertising and interviewing;
• Dealing with sickness absence issues;
• Keeping clients abreast of employment law changes and how it will affect their business;
• Training and development issues;
• Ensuring GDPR compliance.
With a passion to help small business owners, The HR Dept wants its customers to get on with doing what they do best and focus on growing their business, free from HR issues.
The HR Dept covers Bournemouth, The Purbecks, Poole, Christchurch, Wimborne Minster, Ferndown, Verwood, Ringwood, New Milton and Lymington.
Having run a growing SME business himself, Tom is aware of the commercial and HR challenges all business owners’ face.
We work with all kinds of businesses locally; we enjoy becoming your HR department and supporting you in growing your business.
If you think it is time to review what HR support you have in place, please do contact The HR Dept Bournemouth, Poole, East Dorset and The New Forest on 01202 023 093 or please email email@example.com