Business Banana Skins (Saving your Business from the Unforeseen)DETAILS
The HR and H&S Dept have teamed up with East Sussex Fire & Rescue Service to provide this informative seminar aimed at small and medium sized businesses.
Did you know that 80% of businesses that suffer a serious fire close within 18 months?
Despite being able to re build their physical assets, their customers are often long gone!
Postponing your health and safety checklist is risky business. What once might have seemed like a lesser priority, has the potential to come back tenfold. Get it wrong and there are huge ramifications for your business, reputation, bank balance, employees, customers, family and more.
Did you know in the year 1 April 2017 to 31 March 2018 a total of 109,685 employment tribunal applications were received? The highest sum awarded in an employment tribunal claim in 2017/18 was £415,227 in an unfair dismissal claim.
Employment law continues to become more complex, the costs of getting it wrong have never been higher. You don’t want to break the law or face an expensive tribunal.
By planning and pre-empting situations, your can massively reduce risks for you and your business.
This session will:
- Highlight the potential costs of the unforeseen
- get you up to speed on Fire Safety Law and its implications
- give you an overview of Fire Risk Assessment and what that means to your business
- Highlight your legal obligations and responsibilities
- provide you with useful information and guidance that can be taken back and used in the workplace
Time: 8.00am – 10:30am
Click here to book your place