Quarterly HR Essentials SeminarDETAILS
HR and Employment Law is crucial for any business owner to be aware of; the law is the same regardless of the number of employees.
Getting things wrong or ‘not knowing what you don’t know’ is not a defence in an Employment Tribunal.
Can you afford the risk which could amount to thousands of pounds and reputational damage?
The aim of this Seminar is to provide a broad and practical overview of HR and Employment Law issues which any business owner or manager needs to be aware of.
This Seminar will cover the following:
- ‘Self-employed, worker and employee’– do you understand the differences, how and when you should use, the contracts that need to be issued and the risks of getting this wrong?
- Holidays – how to calculate and ensure compliance for part time and zero hours staff
- Discrimination risks and where they can arise from recruitment through to dismissal
- Managing Absence including sickness and what rights employees have to statutory time off for other absences e.g. maternity, paternity, emergency dependant leave and flexible working
- Disciplinary and Grievance– how to discipline staff and deal with grievances
- What the costs could be of ‘getting it wrong’ if you receive an Employment Tribunal claim
Cost FREE (Usually £99.00pp)
HR Administration WorkshopDETAILS
This NEW half day practical workshop has been developed for those who have a responsibility for managing and administering HR within the business.
It is designed to cover all the essential statutory and contractual obligations when employing staff, as well as advising on the best practices in HR Administration.
You will take away an up to date HR Administration Guide plus all course materials.
During the workshop we will provide a clear overview of what you need to be aware of and what to do, whilst working through practical examples of documents, letters and scenarios as below:
- Recruitment checklist – Do’s and don’ts
- Contracts of Employment – what clauses to be included and why
- Restrictive Covenants – what they are and when to include
- GDPR (HR) e.g. SAR requests
- Induction – what needs to be covered
- Intellectual Property – when to include
- Holiday entitlements – calculating part time, zero hour & term time entitlements
- Flexible Working – the law and how to manage requests
To Book email: [email protected]
HR Dept (Trafford & Warrington), Denzell House, Dunham Road, Bowdon, Cheshire,
Price: £150 +VAT (Incl light refreshments)
Management Development ProgrammeDETAILS
Our Management Development Programme commencing 12th October 2018 for Supervisors, Team Leaders and Line Managers:
- 8 practical and interactive half day workshop modules (9am-1pm)
- Small groups (max 10 people) with the same cohort of delegates for the duration of the programme
- 1-2-1 coaching (calls or at Denzell House) between each module, to ensure learning is implemented and sustained in the workplace
Management Development Module Date
Module 1 Effective Team Leadership Fri 12th Oct 2018
Module 2 Performance Management Tues 6th Nov 2018
Module 3 Managing Conflict Thur 13th Dec 2018
Module 4 Managing Disciplinary and Grievance Tues 8th Jan 2019
Module 5 Communicating with Confidence Fri 1st Feb 2019
Module 6 Managing Absence Wed 6th March 2019
Module 7 Effective Recruitment, Interviews & Selection Wed 3rd April 2019
Module 8 Managing in Changing Times Thurs 2nd May 2019
The benefits of the Management Development Programme include:
- Increase in managerial confidence and capability
- Increase in staff performance
- Improved employee engagement and satisfaction levels – among both managers who attend and their staff
To Book email: [email protected]
HR Dept (Trafford & Warrington), Denzell House, Dunham Road,
Bowdon, Cheshire, WA14 4QE
Price: £1500 + VAT (payable upon confirmation of booking)
Business Breakfast SandwichDETAILS
Join us for a FREE Breakfast event at the beautiful Arts Centre of Kala Sangam in the heart of Bradford on Thursday 16th October, 7am – 9am
A good slice of breakfast and networking sandwiched between a tasty filling discussing the hot topic of:
The importance of employer brand in the war for talent: how to compete in attracting and retaining the best employees for your business.
Positive employee engagement and employer brand are key ‘must have’ weapons in the war for talent, especially for SMEs in competing with large corporate organisations, often with deeper pockets. Hear from Joanna Charles, Director of the HR Dept (Bradford) and Mark Gill, Director of Headway Recruitment as to how you can ensure you’re best placed to win the fight!
Register to attend
For more details and to let us know you’re coming, click through to Eventbrite
HR Foundations for SME’sDETAILS
HR is a vital function in any organisation. If you manage HR matters you are dealing with delicate and confidential issues which need to be handled correctly and lawfully.
With an average award in 2016 of £13,851 (max £470,865) for unfair dismissal and £85,622 (max £1,762,130) for sex discrimination (plus legal fees and reputation damage) the cost to your business could be devastating.
The primary focus of this half day workshop is to provide participants with a broad but practical overview of the human resource function. Parmilla Minhas from the HR Dept Watford & Chorleywood will lead the workshop covering your responsibilities as an employer from the beginning to the end of the employment relationship. You will learn essential knowledge on how to manage areas such as:
Employment status and contract types
Employment Law – discrimination, tribunals
Difficult Conversations: disciplinary, grievance, performance and absence
End of Employment
10.00 Part 1 Workshop
approx 11.30 Coffee break
11.45 Part 2 Workshop
1pm Workshop concludes
Ideal for Business owners or anyone who has responsibility for HR within their Organisation.
We intentionally keep our groups small to enable time for discussion and questions, therefore early booking is essential.
Do you have questions about our HR Foundations Workshop?
Contact Parmilla Minhas on 01442 330655.
HR Essentials Workshop for SMEsDETAILS
Are you an SME owner or Manager who:
1. Runs a growing SME but undecided on whether to outsource HR matters to an HR professional?
2. Have employees working for you but feel overwhelmed managing them, as it is taking up time away from running your business?
3. Would like to understand the difference between a worker, employee and self-employed contractor and whether this distinction impacts your business? If yes, what could be the implications?
4. Is constantly dealing with recurring issues with workers and just wish they would go away?
5. Would like to know about recent changes to Employment Law and any Case Laws.
If you have answered yes to any of the above questions, then this workshop will be useful to you.
Please come along to this interactive session to understand some of the very basic legal aspects of managing workers that every SME owner should be aware of, but in reality does not have the time to keep track of. And many a times, we don’t know what we don’t know because the law is constantly changing.
Tickets cost £30 Get tickets