HR Essentials for Small BusinessesDETAILS
HR Essentials for SME Business OwnersDETAILS
HR and Employment Law is crucial for any business owner to be aware of. The law is the same regardless of the number of employees.
Getting things wrong or ‘not knowing what you don’t know’ is not a defence in an Employment Tribunal.
Can you afford the risk which could amount to thousands of pounds of reputational damage?
The aim of this free Seminar is to provide a broad and practical overview of HR and Employment Law issues which any business owner or manager needs to be aware of.
This Seminar will cover the following:
Self employed, worker and employee. Do you understand the differences, how and when you should use, the contracts that need to be issued and the risks of getting it wrong?
Holidays. How to calculate and ensure compliance for part time and zero hours employees.
Managing Absence. Including sickness and what rights employees have to statutory time off for other absences, e.g. maternity, paternity, emergency dependant leave and flexible working.
Disciplinary and Grievances. How to discipline staff and deal with grievances.
What the costs could be of ‘getting it wrong’. If you recieve an Employment Tribunal claim.
Places are limited and event registration is by invitation only. Register here with your email address to receive your invitation.
Developing an HR/People StrategyDETAILS
Many businesses have a ‘Finance Strategy’ and/or a ‘Marketing Strategy’ but do you have an ‘HR’ or ‘People Strategy’ in place?
A one day workshop to understand how strategic HR can improve both business performance and employee engagement.
Wednesday 27th September 2017
9.15 a.m. – 4.30 p.m.
Denzell House, Denzell Gardens,
Bowdon, Cheshire WA14 4QE
Jill Bottomley (CIPD Chartered Fellow, BSc), Owner/Director of the HR Dept (Trafford & Warrington) has nearly 30 years’ HR experience, having worked for ‘blue chip’ organisations and involved in developing HR strategy, together with experience of working with SMEs and in the Education sector, will be running a comprehensive one day ‘masterclass’ covering:
- The longer term future ‘world of work’ – what will it mean for you? The changing nature of jobs; review of organisation design and roles and future implications of employment law.
- How to develop a robust ‘HR/People Strategy’, ensuring it is aligned to a clear vision and business strategy; the importance of getting this right and what strategies to consider relating to it e.g. recruitment, retention, recognition, reward, skill acquisition, development, succession management, performance management, employee engagement, employee relations etc.
- Why Values and Behavioural Competencies are important to have defined and embedded within the way you work – what it all means and how and why you should develop them.
- Reviewing where you are with HR – transactional, operational or strategic? How you can ‘move up the HR curve’ towards more integrated strategic HR management aligned to your business strategy.
- Measurement of HR and other business metrics – importance of setting cascaded objectives and KPIs aligned to business strategy and the management information it can provide, to enable you to make more informed decisions and actions for future growth and performance.
Cost £295 plus VAT inclusive of lunch and refreshments
Limited places so early booking is essential. Payment on booking.
To book please email [email protected]
Management Essentials ProgrammeDETAILS
A programme of eight Masterclasses aimed at line managers and supervisors
Effective line management is essential in achieving the best from the team. Managers and supervisors need to have the confidence in their teams, encouraging improved performance and maintaining standards. Our management essentials programme gives them the tools and the knowledge to act with confidence and within the legal framework of employment law.
Practical and interactive masterclasses in small groups. A comprehensive mix of training and coaching for managers, tailored to meet the needs of those who attend. Choose either the whole programme or select individual courses as appropriate.
Delivered in eight half day masterclasses, over eight months in Central Edinburgh. Dates upon request. The programme can also be run in house for groups of up to 10.
- Effective Team Leadership
- Managing Performance
- Recruiting Staff
- Disciplinary and Grievance
- Managing Conflict
- Communicating with Confidence
- Managing Absence
- HR Administration
Working through case studies and other ‘real-life’ examples, participants will receive a host of practical tips.
Who is it for?
- These masterclasses are aimed at business owners, line managers or those who have supervisory responsibilities and day-to-day management of others.
- Please be aware that places are limited and booking is essential. To book your place please contact us.
Per Masterclass: £175 +VAT, or 2 places for £300 +VAT
Season Ticket: any 5 masterclasses for £750 + VAT
Season Ticket Plus: all 8 masterclasses for £999 +VAT
HR Essentials WorkshopDETAILS
|£45.83 ex VAT (members) and £54.17 ex VAT (non-members)
* equates to £55.00 inc. VAT* (members) / £65.00 inc. VAT* (non-members)
Tuesday 12th September 2017 – 09:30AM – 13:00PM
Getting the best out of people and navigating the minefield of employment regulation is a key challenge in growing a business. This workshop is perfect for those directly involved in managing people in businesses, both business owners/Directors and line managers.
This practical approach provides an overview of the key tools which can help a business maximise the contribution its people make to business success. The session will be highly interactive and focus on the areas delegates would most like to explore. Topics will include:
From practical tips covering recruitment, employment law and disciplinary matters, to providing insights into talent management and engagement; this is a great way for you to develop your HR knowledge and understanding.
The workshop will help you:
- Understand the importance of effective people management to all businesses
- Become aware of the range of approaches available to the management of people
- Appreciate the technical competencies involved in people management
- Recognise the importance of building an engaged workforce
Management Essentials: Effective Team LeadershipDETAILS
Friday 6th October 2017 –
9:30AM – 12:30PM
Your people are your biggest asset, and by far your biggest investment. So how can you ensure you motivate, inspire and lead your team successfully to achieve their goals on a daily basis? In this informative and interactive workshop, we will explore management and leadership skills that lead to high performing teams, including:
• Communicating with conﬁdence
• Effective delegation
• Successful motivation
Utilising practical skills and exercises, you will leave the workshop with tools and tips you can put into practice as soon as you step back into the workplace.
Who is it for?
This workshop is aimed at line managers or those who have supervisory responsibilities and day-to-day management of others.
Please be aware that places are limited and booking is essential. To book your place please contact us.
£175 +VAT or 2 places for £300 +VAT