Absence Management WorkshopDETAILS
This half day workshop (10:00 – 13:00) will cover the importance of managing absence in the workplace and look at the benefits good absence management can bring.
We will cover:
• The different reasons for absence including: sickness, unauthorised, dependent leave, shared parental, maternity, paternity and AWOL and discuss what rights and entitlements employees have and what you can and should do as a Manager.
• Sickness absence in detail, including how to manage short term intermittent absences through formal capability/disciplinary procedures, as well as how to manage long term sickness and the importance of the role of occupational health.
• The importance of understanding what could constitute a disability i.e. mental impairment (e.g. depression) or physical impairment (e.g. migraines) and the reasonable adjustments that an employer has to make, to ensure that you are compliant with the Equality Act 2010, to avoid a disability discrimination claim.
• Initiatives that employers can carry out for the wellbeing of their staff to improve physical and mental health and to reduce employee absence.
• Through a mix of exercises and small group discussions we will consider case examples for managing absence. You will leave this ‘hands-on’ workshop with practical tips and actions you can put into practice as soon as you step back into the workplace.
Recruitment Open DayDETAILS
Would you like to work in a care home environment where the staff are cared for too?
We have partnered with Derriford House, a highly reputable independent Care Home in Fleet, to fill a number of exciting and varied roles.
If this is something which interests you, why not come along and have a chat.
Tuesday 26th March 12.00- 20.00
Effective Communications SeminarDETAILS
Breakdown in communication is the most common cause of workplace disputes. Learn how to prevent issues before they arise and how to build stronger relationships through effective communication.
Take the lead with your staff and become a manager that is confident, strong and that employees will listen to.
HR Managers Forum – Free Event!DETAILS
If you are an HR Manager in a stand-alone role who wishes to gain support from other HR Managers as well as expanding your knowledge and sharing best practice, come and join us for our informal monthly lunch meetings. Each month we invite a different speaker to address the group to inform and educate within their field of expertise.
NB. As lunch is provided, please contact us in advance should you wish to attend so that we are able to cater for correct numbers.
May 2nd – 12.30 – 14.30
Time Management SeminarDETAILS
Something everyone needs to do but few of us are really good at. Learn how to be more effective with your time, and, more importantly, stick to it!