#Socially Awkward – business networking, discussion and presentationsDETAILS
Tuesday 23 May 2019
1.30 – 3.30pm
The Royal Seven Stars Hotel, The Plains, Totnes, TQ9 5DD
Join Vu Online for lunch, networking and a discussion with the HR Dept on cutting through the noise and the effect that social media ‘gone wrong’ can have on your reputation.
Tickets £10 plus booking fee- Click here to book your place.
Do you struggle to recruit for your business? Are your job adverts attractive? Are you confident that your interviews are effective?
Invest half a day from your diary and sign up for our Recruitment Masterclass on Tuesday 21st May from 10.00am to 2.00pm at Riverhouse Barn Arts Centre (Manor Road, Walton on Thames, KT12 2PF)
If you want to attract and retain the best people, you need to ensure your hiring processes are smooth and seamless and offers your potential employee a positive experience from beginning to end. This masterclass is designed for those who are new to recruitment and selection, as well as those that are experienced but want to refresh and update their knowledge.
The HR Dept Recruitment Specialists have created an interactive masterclass that covers the recruitment process and will help you to feel confident to:
- Identify the role that you need to fill in your business
- Creating an advert that grabs the attention of the right people
- Placing the adverts where they need to be
- Interviewing techniques that will identify the best person for the role.
- Offering the candidate and welcoming them on board.
- Strengthen your existing people plan
- Practical tips and techniques you can apply to your recruitment strategy.
- Network with other local SME’s
With over a decade of experience in recruitment, Joanna Herbert, from the HR Dept will walk you through the recruitment process. Applying the tips and techniques from the masterclass will help you to save time and effort, and ensure your business has the right people to support your ongoing success.
£125.00 + VAT per person
To receive a 10% discount book your place by 30th April
Food will be available to purchase from the café on the day.
To book please email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 0345 208 1290
We look forward to seeing you soon.
How to Deal with Discipline and GrievancesDETAILS
Difficulties may arise at various points in the employment relationship, and disciplinary and grievance procedures are there to ensure that these challenges are dealt with fairly and consistently. For this reason, employers need procedures that support both the employer’s and employee’s perspective. This event will take a closer look at the two main areas where a disciplinary system may be used: capability/performance and conduct.
To book your place or find out more click here.
Lunch n Learn- Bitesize HR and L&D EssentialsDETAILS
The HR Dept Solent are launching our first round of ‘Lunch and Learn’ sessions and we’d love for you to join us!
‘Lunch and Learns’ are a great way for you to get to know people from different teams and organisations that you wouldn’t normally have the opportunity to meet. They are also a great learning opportunity.
These sessions are tailor made, and will give you practical tips and tools for Learning and Development and Human Resources, enabling you to build a healthy culture within your organisation.
I will facilitate each session and as an L&D/HR Professional with over 20 years experience leading and developing teams, so you are in safe hands!
Wed, 1 May 2019- 12:00 – 13:00
To find out more or book your place please click here.
Management Development ProgrammeDETAILS
We are launching a Management Development Programme specifically designed for Supervisors, Team Leaders and New and Established Managers.
This consists of 8 practical and interactive half day workshop modules (10-2pm). Small groups (max 10 people) with the cohort of delegates for the duration of the programme. 1-2-1 coaching between each module, to ensure learning is implemented in the workplace.
Module 1 – Effective Team Leadership
• Draw on management and leadership skills to – Communicate with confidence, delegate effectively, motivate to enable a high performing team
Module 2 – Performance Management
• Consider the tools for managing performance
• Set performance standards and objectives
• Conduct effective reviews to ensure objectives are met
• Understand the principles of giving and receiving feedback
Module 3 – Managing Conflict
• Recognise how to respond and resolve conflict in the workplace – practical tips on
how to hold difficult conversations
Module 4 – Managing Disciplinary and Grievance procedures
• Understand the Disciplinary process using the ACAS framework.
Includes procedures for – suspension, investigation, hearing, appeal, and how to
store relevant paperwork and for how long
Module 5 – Communicating with confidence
• Use body language effectively
• Communicate assertively
• Display confidence in conversations, team meetings and presentations
Module 6 – Leading and managing change
• Recognise the impact of change
• Know how to engage and support your team through the stages of change
• Learn how to plan and lead through change
Module 7 – Managing Absence
• Review tools and create action plans for the management and prevention of
sickness and absence
• Manage short, sporadic and long term absence
Module 8 – Effective Recruitment, Interviewing and Selection
• Demonstrate the steps required for recruiting the right calibre candidate for your vacancy
• Consider the options available for recruiting for your vacancy
• Interview techniques and selection process
• Induction – best practice
For more information or to book your place contact email@example.com or call
0345 200 0031
Managing Difficult ConversationsDETAILS
Our half day interactive workshop is designed to develop your skills at managing difficult conversations and give you the confidence to approach any potentially tricky conversation, secure in the knowledge that you have the ability to handle it.
Date: Wednesday 8th May 2019, 9am – 1pm